Suzanne put the Ticker at the top of the page for the Neil Diamond show when she set the blog up for me. I had always wanted to see one of his concerts and missed the opportunity a couple of years ago. I have been checking since that time for him to go back on tour. Well a few months ago he announced the cities and dates. I got online and ordered 2 tickets on the 15th row for Oct. 28th in Orlando, Fl. I told Robert back at the first of May to hurry up and get his beans planted so we could hopefully have everything harvested by the time of the show. I told him I wasn't going to be around these parts during that week. We're planning to ride the motorcycles down if the weather cooperates. Theresa told the school principal before they turned out for summer vacation that she wasn't going to be at school that week. I want to take a little time to see some sites while we're in the vacinity of Orlando.
We went to Tom Jones concert at Tunica last year. Boy he can put a show on. Sang a lot of the good oldies along with a few new songs. At the end of the show the women were going down front of the stage throwing their bras on stage. There were a lot of women there from 20 something on up to some who looked to be in their 70s. I saw 1 old lady coming up to the stage pulling one of those oxygen bottles on wheels with the nasal breathing tube up her nose and in the other hand had a bra to throw to Tom. Even though he just turned 68, he is still in great shape and can move and sing like he's 25 years younger. We had a great time.
Well hope everyone had a good 4th this year. I know I did. We took it easy, cooking everything here at my house and then carrying it over to Mama's. We cooked burgers and smoked sausage on the grill. Theresa made some baked beans adding ground beef and some pulled pork I had to the mixture, which I truly like. Fresh corn from Theresa's garden ,Betty Jane came over and made the cole slaw and we finished with cake and ice cream.
We were hoping to get some rain this week so we could make a trip up into north Arkansas before Theresa had her knee surgery on the 14th. I don't know, we have that trip on hold. She figures she will be back on her bike in about 3 or 4 days after surgery, like the last operation on her other knee 2 years ago. She is the optimistic when it comes to being ready to make a trip.
Well, till later
And remember...
"Money can't buy happiness, but it can substantially upgrade the quality of your misery."
~Bill Heavey
~Bill Heavey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good post.....you know Im always ready for a trip."You crack the whip......I'll make the trip" Surgery will go fine.......
Im excited about Neil......we always have fun.
Theresa
daddy~
i will pray for rain for you!
i love you.
suzanne
Post a Comment